Re: [Pkg-fonts-devel] fontforge packaging information

Hideki Yamane <henrich@debian.or.jp> writes:

> On Sat, 12 Mar 2016 14:33:29 +0530
> Vasudev Kamath <vasudev@copyninja.info> wrote:
>> How is fontforge updated?. I see there is master and there debian/sid
>> branch. I remember long ago dkg synced fontforge from upstream repo but
>> I don't know if same is still followed. Also package lacks a
>> README.source file so now I'm wondering if we plan to update fontforge
>> how do we do it?.
>
>  Sorry for delay, I'm busy for daily job (OSX admin! ;) and some stuff
>  (dealing with tax, etc)...
>

>  Now I've pushed working branch "license-update", please look at
>  debian/copyright file. And also ask upstream people to help it as
>  https://github.com/fontforge/fontforge/issues/2643

Is the information given by Dave Crossland on above issue resolves the
problem?. I think it is fair to use Fontforge Authors in case file is
missing copyright information as told by Dave in the issue.

Also I feel we can strip off some folders like gtkui, Packaging,
debian-old. We can also strip of osx and folders under contrib but this
might need some additional work to patch up autotools scripts.

Folders like travis-scripts is not needed for packaging. Also I think we
won't be able to use tests/ folder.

Please let me know what do you think?.