Re: [Pkg-fonts-devel] [debian-devel:18177] Re: MBF: fonts-*-gothic: fonts-japanese-* is not registered as virtual package

Hi, all

First, sorry, I had misunderstood. Current Debian's pTeX does not use
fontname directly. This uses font aliases like Ryumin/GothicBBB.

Thus only the CJK support of ghostscript is the matter.

At Thu, 26 Jan 2012 07:38:59 +0900,
> On Mi, 25 Jan 2012, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> > > TeXLive (>= 2011) already uses "updmap-sys" for Japanese font
> > > configuration. Thus fonts-japanese-* will be not needed if TeXLive
> > > packages are updated.
> >
> > Good and bad.  We still have texlive from 2009 in Debian.  Not even
> > 2010.  As I see BTS, it looks like this is very difficult time.
>
> First, using updmap-sys for font configuration of Japanese fonts
> needs a carefully written map file.
> Second, this is very much work-in-progress in upstream. I am currently
> handling my private tlptexlive repository for TeX Live tlmgr that
> provides enhanced support for Japanese TeX, including updated
> binaries for several arch, plus uptex, etc etc. THese things will
> all be moved into the main TeX Live 2012 when we freeze TL for
> the 2012 release.

Ok. Sorry again about my misunderstood.

> All those people crying at me could have started helping: For example,
> there is a patched version of updmap (shell script) in Debian that
> does several Debina specific things. Now upstream uses a perl script,
> and TL2012 will bring et another perl script. But nobody has stepped
> forward to port the changes from the shell script to the perl script.

Yes. I know it's tough, difficult task.
Thanks for your great work and I want to help as far as possible.

Best Wishes,
---
Youhei SASAKI <uwabami@gfd-dennou.org>
              <uwabami@math.kyoto-u.ac.jp>
Department of Mathematics, Kyoto University
GPG fingerprint:
  4096/RSA: 66A4 EA70 4FE2 4055 8D6A C2E6 9394 F354 891D 7E07