[Pkg-fonts-devel] rename Japanese font package list (Re: "foundry" part is ? (Re: Font packages renaming mini-HOWTO?)

Hi,

On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 06:34:19 +0200
Christian PERRIER <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
> Note sure..:-). I think that Paul and myself are more or less saying
> the same thing, but in a different way.

 It's my mistake.

> In short, the foundry name is optional and should be used "when
> needed", this being left to the maintainer to decide

 okay, now it's time to consider renaming itself. I'll rename these
 Japanese fonts to new "fonts-xxxx" package, here's a list.
 (I've uploaded some non-Japanese font in the past but I don't want
  to touch those this time because... too much for me ;)

 Please give me comment/suggestion/claim/whatever...

ttf-ipafont		-> fonts-ipa-nonfree  / fonts-ipafont-nonfree (which one prefer?)
otf-ipafont		-> fonts-ipa          / fonts-ipafont
ttf-ipafont-jisx0208	-> fonts-ipa-jisx0208 / fonts-ipafont-jisx0208
otf-ipaexfont		-> fonts-ipaex        / fonts-ipaexfont
ttf-takao		-> fonts-takao

ttf-aoyagi-kouzan-t	-> fonts-aoyagi-kouzan-t
ttf-aoyagi-soseki	-> fonts-aoyagi-soseki
ttf-kouzan-mouhitsu	-> fonts-kouzan-mouhitsu
ttf-sawarabi-gothic	-> fonts-sawarabi-gothic
ttf-sawarabi-mincho	-> fonts-sawarabi-mincho

ttf-misaki		-> fonts-misaki
ttf-mikachan		-> fonts-mikachan
ttf-konatu		-> fonts-konatu
ttf-komatuna		-> fonts-komatuna
ttf-umefont		-> fonts-horai-umefont (done)

ttf-umeplus		-> fonts-utumi-umeplus
                           (if upstream author don't want to put his name as part of package name, I'll remove it)
ttf-vlgothic		-> fonts-vlgothic
otf-yozvox-yozfont      -> fonts-yozvox-yozfont (done)
ttf-dejima-mincho       -> fonts-dejima-mincho
ttf-kanjistrokeorders   -> fonts-kanjistrokeorders

ttf-motoya-l-cedar      -> fonts-motoya-l-cedar
ttf-motoya-l-maruberi   -> fonts-motoya-l-maruberi
ttf-kiloji              -> fonts-kiloji
ttf-monapo              -> fonts-utumi-monapo (derivative of ttf-mona)
                           (if upstream author don't want to put his name as part of package name, I'll remove it)

ttf-sazanami		-> don't rename. legacy, remove from repository in the future
ttf-kochi		-> don't rename. legacy, remove from repository in the future
ttf-kochi-naga10	-> don't rename. legacy, remove from repository in the future
ttf-cjk-compact         -> ??? it's used in debian-installer. no one pulls with package manager

--
Regards,

 Hideki Yamane     henrich @ debian.or.jp/org
 http://wiki.debian.org/HidekiYamane