Re: [Pkg-fonts-devel] Re: [benlaenen@gmail.com: [DejaVu-fonts] DejaVu Fonts 2.13 released]

Hi,

On 12/19/06, Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
> Where
> are we with dejavu and different languages? Is there any language
> represented in Debian which still has display issues with dejavu?

Arabic uses Nazli from ttf-farsiweb. So would Persian.

I took a closer look at Nazli. It does not support any of the
characters needed for Kurdish in the Arabic script as used in Iraq and
Iran. So for Kurdish with Arabic script DejaVu is perfect and Nazli
unusable.

However, this is not a Debian issue (yet), because the Kurdish
translations in Debian use the Latin script.

Regards,
Erdal