Re: Match owner

hi,

2009/10/21 Pascal Hambourg <pascal.mail@plouf.fr.eu.org>
> If I set:
> -A OUTPUT -d <IP> -m owner --uid-owner <username> -j ACCEPT
>
> It fails and my logging shows, that the Rule will be ignored und goes to the
> deny rule (last rule).

How does it fail ? What is the error message ?

oh sry, there is no error.
Iptables semms to accept this rule. I can see it with iptables -S, but it seems to be ignored. Because I can see that the package is denied by:

-A INPUT -j RULE_8
-A FORWARD -j RULE_8
-A OUTPUT -j RULE_8
-A RULE_8 -j LOG --log-prefix "iptables: RULE 8 -- DENY " --log-level 6
-A RULE_8 -j DROP

this is my last Rule.

 In the logfile I see:
"Oct 21 08:18:35 firewall kernel: [1108215.699056] iptables: RULE 8 -- DENY <package content>"

don't know why and I don't know how I can see the owner. Is there a switch on - maybe - tcpdump?

> I also read that that match is disabled in newer kernels. I used the Lenny
> Kernel 2.6.26-2-amd64. Is this option disabled in this kernel and if so, how
> can I reenabled that (I did not find it in menuconfig).

AFAIK, only the --cmd-owner, --pid-owner and --sid-owner options have
been disabled since kernel 2.6.14. The kernel module xt_owner.ko is
present in the Debian 2.6.26-2-amd64 kernel package, and the library
libxt_owner.so is present too in the iptables package.

ok thank you. That is good to read. the xt_owner is also loaded

Greetings,
Björn
--
To boldly go where no man has gone before ... I'll wait there with touristinformation