Re: Match owner

Hello,

Bjoern Meier a écrit :

> If I set:
> -A OUTPUT -d <IP> -m owner --uid-owner <username> -j ACCEPT
>
> It fails and my logging shows, that the Rule will be ignored und goes to the
> deny rule (last rule).

How does it fail ? What is the error message ?

> I also read that that match is disabled in newer kernels. I used the Lenny
> Kernel 2.6.26-2-amd64. Is this option disabled in this kernel and if so, how
> can I reenabled that (I did not find it in menuconfig).

AFAIK, only the --cmd-owner, --pid-owner and --sid-owner options have
been disabled since kernel 2.6.14. The kernel module xt_owner.ko is
present in the Debian 2.6.26-2-amd64 kernel package, and the library
libxt_owner.so is present too in the iptables package.