From: Mihira Fernando mihiratheace@gmail.com
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 11:34:34 +0700
To: debian-firewall@lists.debian.org, debian-firewall@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: weird: nslookup can't resolve hostnames

mario@cancun.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The ip address as DNS nameservers are obtained via DHCP from my ISP, these
> name servers are the same I've specified staticaly for each of my internal
> boxes. I use the same rules for iptables to set the firewall, but
> 'nslookup' still sending the same problem, with firewall rules up or not.

is the name server reported by nslookup and the actual name server
assigned by your ISP the same ? it is possible that the ISP has assigned
a different NS but nslookup is still looking for an outdated one.

Also, how are the DNS set in dansguardian and Squid ?

--
Random Quotes From Megas XLR
Coop: You see? The mysteries of the Universe are revealed when you break