Re: weird: nslookup can't resolve hostnames

> mario@cancun.net wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> The ip address as DNS nameservers are obtained via DHCP from my ISP,
>> these
>> name servers are the same I've specified staticaly for each of my
>> internal
>> boxes. I use the same rules for iptables to set the firewall, but
>> 'nslookup' still sending the same problem, with firewall rules up or
>> not.
>>

> is the name server reported by nslookup and the actual name server
> assigned by your ISP the same ? it is possible that the ISP has assigned
> a different NS but nslookup is still looking for an outdated one.

i agree with that my friend

you should set external dns server in the resolv.conf or in the squid dns
resolver config to resolve the address , because you are using dhcp and as
before our friend sayd , the nslookup may be looking for an outdated one
:)

> Also, how are the DNS set in dansguardian and Squid ?
>
> --
> Random Quotes From Megas XLR
> Coop: You see? The mysteries of the Universe are revealed when you break
> stuff.
> Jamie: When in doubt, blow up a planet.
> Kiva: It's an 80 foot robot, if we can't see it, absolutely it's not here.
> Glorft Technician: Unnecessary use of force in capturing the Earthers
> has been approved.

> Este mensaje ha sido analizado por MailScanner
> en busca de virus y otros contenidos peligrosos,
> y se considera que está limpio.
> MailScanner agradece a transtec Computers por su apoyo.

                           Luis A. Rondon Paz
    L I N U X       .~.    Admin intranet CNT
   The  Choice      /V\    icq #132736035
    of a GNU       /( )\   itachi@cnt.uo.edu.cu
   Generation      ^^-^^    Santiago de cuba
                   UONET