Re: Iptables DROP packets but Nmap show the ports opened !!

On Thursday, 06.04.2006 at 18:38 +0200, Robin-Vinet Mathieu wrote:

> Ok. In fact, i'm launching Nmap over internet from my office at work
> to our hired server protected by Iptables somewhere in France.

I'll take another look at your ruleset again shortly, but the above
statement is interesting: is it possible your office has a firewall of
its own, which is filtering (or otherwise disturbing) the outgoing
traffic?  Thus what you are seeing is a symptom of your office firewall,
rather than your iptables-protected server?

Dave.

--
Please don't CC me on list messages!
Dave Ewart - davee@sungate.co.uk - jabber: davee@jabber.org