Re: TBF queuing and tc question

2005. július 20. 02:29,
"Martin G.H. Minkler" <dukeofnukem@gmx.net>
-> debian-firewall@lists.debian.org,:
> LeVA wrote:
> > Yes, unfortunately we have to use an external D-LINK router, instead of a
> > linux based pc. That router does not have the capability to control
> > bandwidth rates, that is why I have to do it on my machine.
>
> Mark the packets going to the router in iptables with something like
> 'iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i <interface> -d <ip_router> -j MARK
> --set-mark 5' and just shape those...
>
> A quite powerful trafshap solution built into debian is HTB-queues,
> documentation is good at the official page
> http://luxik.cdi.cz/~devik/qos/htb/

Hi!

I have this setup now:

iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -d <router_ip_address> -j MARK --set-mark 1

tc qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 1:0 htb default 10

tc class add dev eth0 parent 1:0 classid 1:1 htb rate 128kbit
tc class add dev eth0 parent 1:1 classid 1:10 htb rate 100mbit

tc filter add dev eth0 protocol ip parent 1:0 prio 1 handle 1 fw classid 1:1

Now the 128kbit/sec restriction doesn't apply to the internet uploads (which
are marked with iptables, because these are going thru the router), but the
LAN uploads are at full speed. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Daniel

--
LeVA