Re: rewriting source and destination of local packets

On Wednesday, 23.03.2005 at 11:06 +0100, martin f krafft wrote:

> I want to rewrite source and destination sockets of locally
> generated packets. Specifically, packets with the following pair
> ->
> should be rewritten as
> ->
> Is it possible to achieve this with iptables? I can do the
> destination rewriting just fine (using REDIRECT in the OUTPUT
> chain), but to rewrite the source, I need to use SNAT (I think),
> which is only valid in POSTROUTING, and by that point in time it's
> too late.

Knowing your motivation might be useful ... why do you
want to do this?

Please don't CC me on list messages!
Dave Ewart - davee@sungate.co.uk - jabber: davee@jabber.org
All email from me is now digitally signed, key from http://www.sungate.co.uk/
Fingerprint: AEC5 9360 0A35 7F66 66E9 82E4 9E10 6769 CD28 DA92