rewriting source and destination of local packets

I want to rewrite source and destination sockets of locally
generated packets. Specifically, packets with the following pair ->

should be rewritten as ->

Is it possible to achieve this with iptables? I can do the
destination rewriting just fine (using REDIRECT in the OUTPUT
chain), but to rewrite the source, I need to use SNAT (I think),
which is only valid in POSTROUTING, and by that point in time it's
too late.

Thanks for any inputs.

`. `'`
"all i know is that i'm being sued for unfair business
 practices by micro$oft. hello pot? it's kettle on line two."
                                                  -- michael robertson