Re: My own Firewall ??

> Footnotes:
> [1]  To the best of my knowledge, at least.  Last time I checked you had
>      to replace many core tools with SELinux versions, which are not
>      officially part of Debian yet.

Yes, so far many packages would have to be replaced.  selinux.lemuria.org
has some debian depositories (and a guide to setup selinux for debian) for
those packages, but one would have to use pinning to give preference to
those packages.

There is a so called debian-hardened project that uses a "hardened-kernel"
For sarge, the kernel is based on release 2.6.7.  Also has some
repositories. As far as I can see, it looks very promising and has many
features. I tried one of the kernel-images and it works real well.

--
-JM. ?Estos días azules y este sol de la infancia ?(Antonio Machado-1939)