Re: unsubscribe

Unless one is reading in digest mode or ...

<rant>
(see below - I've included everything that my MUA displayed) reading
messages from people who insist on sending useless PGP/GPG signatures to
LISTS as inline attachments. This kills off the list footer function of
most list software by burying the footer in a lower multipart section and
changing the header type to multipart/signed -- most mua's see that and
stop reading at the "signed" inline part. The footer is, by necessity,
added below the last part that was added by the clients MUA so it gets
ignored unless one is looking for it specifically.

My system wastes so much time going to the net just to tell me there's an
"Untrusted key from xxx" on list messages it isn't funny. And it's REALLY
annoying when a keyserver is "missing" for some reason and my system sits
on a message until gpg times out waiting for the keyserver to respond.

If there's a list that "requires" use of gpg, fine. Something like
debian-security. But for general discussion lists --- why?
</rant>

Gerald