Re: man-in-the-middle

> A (win)  -----------------------  B (lin) ------------------------  C (win)
>

> B has two interfaces, and I have no access to  A or C - can't change anything
> on them.  Let's say the IPs are:
> A = 60.60.60.60
> B = 70.70.70.1 and 70.70.70.2
> C = 80.80.80.80

If A and C belong to different subnets (60.0.0.0 and 80.0.0.0) they
need a router among them (they can't see each other). If A and C can
see each other directly, means that they belong to the same subnet. If
this is the case, in order to force both stations to communicate
through a third element (B), I'd use some kind of arpspoofing.

Let A be 60.60.60.60, B (only one if) 60.60.60.61 and C 60.60.60.62.
With B arpspoofing:

1-when A tries to send a packet to C, sends an ARP Request: What is
the hw address of 60.60.60.62?
2-B responds with ARP Response: The hw address you requested is
xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx (B's mac address)
3-Packets from A to C arrive at B, whrere they can be treated and
finally relayed to C

Edu