Re: man-in-the-middle

On Thursday 07 October 2004 23:03, Lord-Storm wrote:
> I belive you want it to act as a router?
Yes, basically.  The routing isn't so much the problem, but making the box in
the middle look like the "other" box to either windows boxes is what I'm
stuck at.   My iptables and routing skills aren't very good though.

> or use squid?
It's not for web traffic.  It's software running on the two windows macines
that has to communicate through each other but not directly.  (the what
exactly and why I don't know unfortunately)

Can squid forward any type of connection on any port transparently?

Thanks
--
Kind regards
Hans du Plooy