Re: pppoeconf problems follow up

On Wed, 2004-07-28 at 00:12, Daniel Pittman wrote:
> On 28 Jul 2004, Hector Scaramelli wrote:
> >>
> >> Right. Recent pppd needs to be told several times to just keep trying.
> >>
> >> Add these two commands to your /etc/ppp/peers/dsl-provider file, and see
> >> if that helps:
> >>
> >> persist
> >> maxfail 0
> >>
> > persist is already there as well as:
> > noipdefault
> > defaultroute
> > hide password
> > lcp-echo-interval 20
> > lcp-echo-failure 3
> > connect /bin/true
> > noauth
> > persist
> > mtu1492
> >
> > I'll try adding maxfail 0 .
>
> That will be the problem, then. 'persist' tells pppd to connect again
> when the line drops, but without 'maxfail 0' it will eventually give up
> on the connection and terminate.
>
> So, adding the second command will fix the problem of pppd failing to
> reconnect for you, I expect.
>
> I had the same issue until I found that, and I have not had a problem in
> years since I did add it. :)

Indeed is working in my home firewall but I have another that today lost
connection, the log showed:

Jul 30 10:32:20 siac pppd[162]: LCP terminated by peer
Jul 30 10:32:21 siac pppd[162]: tcflush failed: Input/output error
Jul 30 10:32:21 siac pppd[162]: Exit.

Thank you very much for your help.

Hector