Re: pppoeconf problems

On 26 Jul 2004, Hector Scaramelli wrote:
> I have a firewall box running Woddy 3.0r2 that gets its IP address
> dynamically from an adsl modem.
> Two or three times a day it looses the connection to the internet, an
> ifconfig command won't show ppp0, so issuing "pon dsl-provider" usually
> makes it work.

Right. Recent pppd needs to be told several times to just keep trying.

Add these two commands to your /etc/ppp/peers/dsl-provider file, and see
if that helps:

    persist
    maxfail 0

Regards,
        Daniel
--
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.