Re: pppoeconf problems

Hi,

I also run a Debian Woody3.0r2, with an ADSL modem using pppoe, but it
works fine (I loose my connection every 24 hours due to my ISP).
pppd reconnect me automatically (I don't remember how to configure that,
sorry). I don't know why it looses connection so often, but probably not
because of pppd or pppoe, check your phone line and your modem.
To see how to disable resolv.conf updates, check the scripts 0dns-up and
000usepeerdns in /etc/ppp/ip-ud.d.
pppd executes all scripts in /etc/ip-up.d, check the script /etc/ip-up
to see the environment var you can use (PPP_IFACE PPP_TTY PPP_SPEED
PPP_LOCAL PPP_REMOTE PPP_IPPARAM), you can add a script there to send a
mail via sendmail.

strawks