Re: Problem with FIREWALL

Rubens Almeida Pinto wrote:

     Hello all,
This is my first time in the list and i want a help. I'm trying to configure a firewall, but when i run the rc.firewall script an error return to me.

The error message is: " iptables v1.2.6a: can't initialize iptables table 'filter': Table does not exist (do you need to insmod?) Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded. "

     Can anyone help me???

Rubens Almeida Pinto
rubensap@inpa.gov.br
92-81177082

Hi Rubens,

With out seeing your rc.firewall script, it will be hard. But off the top of my head it appears as though you do not have the iptables modules loaded. try 'insmod iptables' then re-run your script and see if that helps. Also is this a stock kernel? Or did you compile it yourself? Or, it could just be an error in the script itself. does 'iptables -L -n' show you anything? The error message looks like its trying to do a 'iptable -I filter' , if that chain hasnt been created, as its not one of the standard ones, it will spew out that error, in that case insert 'iptables -N filter' in your rc.firewall script before it trys to add any rules to it..

hth
jeff