IPTables extensions in Debian Stable

Hi all,

I need to use some extensions in IPTables that are not included in the standard distribution.

I've found that what I need is in /lib/iptables/. Files have .so extensions, and according to some documents I've read they are the modules that iptables load, but they also say that you need to have the modules in the /lib/modules/2.4.18-1-686/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter directory in order to work.

Even more, the files in this directory have a different extension. For instance:

/lib/iptables/libipt_REDIRECT.so
/lib/modules/2.4.18-1-686/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilteript_REJECT.o

Unfortunaltey not all the modules in /lib/iptables are in /lib/modules.../netfilter

What do I need to do to add an extension that is not already installed?

For example I need to use  libipt_icmp.so but I don't have ipt_icmp.o

Thank you!!!

JF Roco

MSN Amor: busca tu ½ naranja http://latam.msn.com/amor/