Re: routing based on source IP

Quoting Leonardo Boselli <leo@dicea.unifi.it>:
> > Packets originating from the router itself go out through the OUTPUT
> > chain:
> OK ... but those originated by the ppp ports fro which the router
> proxy-aARPs ? (they must be considerated as "locally generated")

For those, you'll use source NATting:

# I can't remember whether this happens in prerouting or postrouting -
# you'll have to check me on that.  And, as always, I may muck up some
# of the syntax.
iptables -t NAT -A PREROUTING -i ppp0 -j SNAT --to-source $myeth0_ip

> ok ... I hope wednesday when i will bach at office to have the time to read
> the ip2route howto ...--

Feel free to ask about specifics from it.  It's been a year or two since I
really had to delve into "ip route"ing, and I'd welcome the refresher.  :)

mickey