Re: ADSL Router.

On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 22:41:01 +1100
"Matt Palmer" <mpalmer@hezmatt.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 03, 2004 at 07:39:47PM +0800, Katipo wrote:
> > I thought that I would place this question here as I will shortly be
> > building a standalone firewall, on an old 486, and so I specifically
> > don't want a firewall/router combo.
> > I was wondering what linux compatible routers list members were
> > using, and how they found them to be, performance wise.
>
> DLink DSL-300, Gen-I, love it to death.  Don't bother getting a DSL
> router, you're paying for functionality you're not using.

Thanks, Matt.
What's this Gen-I?
I found the straight DSL-300 on the D-Link site, but no reference to a
Gen-I model.
Plenty of Windoze driver downloads on site, too, but no mention of
anything Linux. Do you know which of the kernel images support this?
I'm currently running 2.4.21.
Thanks for your trouble.

David.