short iptables script to use with Debian

Everyone,

finally I resigned to get fwbuilder to work. (Probably, I must upgrade
every system libraries, which I haven't done, yet. My Upgrade still is
in progress, so the system state at all is somewhere in between stable
and testing)

I wonder if I could use a simple iptables script instead, I was
thinking about to protect interfaces such as ppp0, eth0 just blocking
dangerous ports, so. Could anyone give me an example on how to do
that?  I know I have a kernel with necessary modules and filter
capabilities.

I appreciate! :-)
A.Fitterling