Re: ABC Firewall

Le mercredi 10 décembre 2003 à 14h36 (+1100), Daniel Pittman écrivait :
> On Wed, 10 Dec 2003, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:
> > this is not true, if your system runs with a minimum of secure
> > configuration. You do not need to run a firewall, if you do not have
> > open ports.
> Well, true. I was lazy in my statement - if you harden your system, you
> can do without a firewall.

Except that a firewall is not only to protect you from the outside,
but also to protect the Internet from your network! Think about virus,
bad guys, ... So your statment is still valuable: a firewall *is* needed
when we want to cooperate to the global Internet security!
--
J.C. "プログフ" ANDRÉ <jean-christophe.andre@auf.org> http://www.vn.refer.org/
Coordonnateur technique régional / Associé technologie projet Reflets (CODA)