ABC Firewall

I started my debian experience few weeks ago and I think that configure a
Firewall it's a really important step. (right?) :-)

Well. I've a permanently connection in optical fiber with Fastweb (in Milan)
(IP not static), I need to use Internet, mail and I need to permit to share
files using winmx or similar application.

My question is:

How I have to configure my firewall (IPTables) ?
How I could find some config. example (on-line) about IPTables?

Excuse for my basically question and be understanding with my English ...

Bye Davide