Re: simple iptables rules

Like I already said this week ...

When you've read this and you've checked ALL the settings of your firewall,
then ask a question with a lot of more details. Private networks settings,
kernel network settings (sysctl), ...
Like what Lukas Raf mentioned, an ASCI art makes a lot of sence.

Maybe try your firewall with iptables accepting everything, log what is not
accepted by your iptables rules and check out why something isn't accepted.

On Wednesday 08 October 2003 12:50, Renai wrote:
Re> sorry, this doesn't make sense. I should say: with these settings I tried
 to Re> ping the outside world (including 192.168.1.*) and got nothing.
Re> Renai

Frederik Rousseau (fred-at-cmelectronics-dot-be)   http://www.cmelectronics.be
   We all know Linux is great ... it does infinite loops in 5 seconds.
     -- Linus Torvalds