Re: simple iptables rules

> Renai <rlem6983@mail.usyd.edu.au> [2003-10-08 12:44]:
> iptables -t filter -P INPUT DROP
> iptables -t filter -A INPUT -s -j ACCEPT
> but this seems to block all network packets coming into my box. What am I
> doing wrong? -- is this the source address packets are sent from?

I'd recommend a step-by-step setup-procedure (at least I did until I

iptables -P INPUT DROP
iptables -A INPUT -j LOG --log-level info --log-prefix IPT_INIT
iptables -A INPUT -s -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -j LOG --log-level info --log-prefix IPT_EXIT

tail -f /var/log/kern.log

Lukas Ruf           | Wanna know anything about raw |
<http://www.lpr.ch> | IP?  <http://www.rawip.org>   |