forwarded ports was: my iptables script

Tarragon Allen wrote:

netstat not showing it makes sense, as it isn't really bound to any particular application on the machine itself. I suppose that netstat could be modified to take into account netfilter sockets ...

nmap should show the ports though, as it's emulating various parts of a normal connection. In this particular case, nmap couldn't find the open ports because of a problem with the firewall script (meaning that the ports actually weren't open).
allright. my filtered ports are above 1024. i had to specify that to nmap.

but that makes me think ... is there some tool to monitor/show forwarded connections with iptables?
at least something like netstat -M for iptables?

thanks,
ub