Re: my iptables script

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003 06:01 pm, uberthold wrote:
> hi.
>
> that's an interesting question. why don't prerouted ports show up as
> open, neither with netstat -l nor with nmap?
> is this effect of any further security use, or are there better tools,
> that can dedect those ports as well?
>
> thanks and ciao,
> ub

netstat not showing it makes sense, as it isn't really bound to any particular
application on the machine itself. I suppose that netstat could be modified
to take into account netfilter sockets ...

nmap should show the ports though, as it's emulating various parts of a normal
connection. In this particular case, nmap couldn't find the open ports
because of a problem with the firewall script (meaning that the ports
actually weren't open).

GPG : http://n12turbo.com/tarragon/public.key