Re: Firewall script builders

On Fri, 2003-09-05 at 04:56, Christoph Haas wrote:

> If we even had a working fwbd which allowed to distribute the firewall
> scripts automatically that would be a blast.

I've never bothered looking at that, coz early on I set up some scripts
to handle fw script distribution and it's always worked so well I've
never needed to check out fwbd.

If you've got key-based SSH authentication from your machine to your
firewall box, a distribution script can be as trivial as:

#!/bin/sh
afile=firewall1.fw
scp $afile root@192.168.0.1:/etc/firewall/
echo "SCPd $afile to firewall1"
ssh root@192.168.0.1 /etc/firewall/firewall1.fw
echo "Executed new firewall script"

List that as the installation script in the firewall profile in
fwbuilder and you're set for point-n-click activation.

Cheers  :-)

Jonathan
--
The Debian Universe: Installing, managing and using Debian GNU/Linux
http://www.debianuniverse.com/