Re: my iptables script

On Wed, 03 Sep 2003, Jule Slootbeek wrote:
> Hi, Thank you for your feedback, I took your advise i think..:) and
> this is what i came up with

[...]

> but now when i run the firewall, ports 2401 and 80 are not open, (nmap
> localhost) and nmap 140.232.x.x times out. I'm not sure what's wrong.
> TIA,

Can I suggest that you look at using something a bit higher level than a
shell script with iptables commands in it?

Personally, I recommend the 'firehol' script[1] to build your iptables
firewall.

Not only is it easy enough to learn and use for someone who isn't very
familiar with iptables, the results *are* of excellent quality.

I moved from using hand-written shell scripts to using Firehol, after a
number of years, because it was actually an improvement, unlike most
other "high level" firewall packages.

      Daniel

Footnotes:
[1]  Packaged in unstable, or at <http://firehol.sf.net/>

--
The youth gets together his materials to build a bridge to the moon, or,
perchance, a palace or temple on the earth, and, at length, the middle-aged