Firewall script builders

Hi,

Daniel Pittman mentioned the use of higher level tools to build a
firewall, not just a shell script with iptables commands. Has anybody
evaluated the output of different firewall tools.

I started off using script files with ipchains, and when I went onto a
2.4 kernel I first tried fwbuilder and then shorewall (which I still
use). There must be many more tools out there (Daniel mentioned
firehol), but these are the 2 that I have used.

Has anyone compared the output from these types of tool? Is there any
conclusion as to which is better? What defines better?

--
    __ _   Debian GNU User   Simon Martin
   / /(_)_ __  _   ___  __   Project Manager