Re: basic question about firewall usage

Hi all,
   What about running samba on the firewall? Are
we dealing with the same scenarios as before or
do you think perhaps samba can be secure running
on a firewall? My reason for asking this is that
I have a printer connected to the machine I will
be using as a firewall and it shares the printer
to a couple of windows PC's. I don't know much
about samba other than I installed it and it
works.  :-) Does it use ports accesable from the
outside?

Thanks!!

Jim