Re: how to block these?

Christian,

> Wcom <christian@debian-potato.com.ar> [2003-05-09 17:23]:
>
> I have some problems in my lan environment. most of my clients using  kazaa
> or overnet to dowmload mp3 and mpg files. These progams eating most of my
> small bandwidth so can i put some rules to "block" these kazaa and other p2p
> program ?
> Right now my linux boxes is just act as very simple NAT router using
> iptables 1.2.7a

wouldn't you want to reduce the bandwidth available
for these p2p applications?  If so, take a look at tc
(Traffic Control or the Advanced Routing HowTo; found in
/usr/share/doc/HOWTO/en-txt/Adv-Routing-HOWTO.gz)

Otherwise try finding out which ports are used for these applications
and simply block them.

wbr,

Lukas
--
Lukas Ruf           | Wanna know anything about raw |
<http://www.lpr.ch> | IP?  <http://www.rawip.org>   |