Re: bandwidth monitoring

> but now with my debian router, the only way i currently have to monitor
> bandwidth throughput is ifconfig.  and using that makes it almost
> impossible to actually see data throughput rates.  now, there is no gui on
> this machine, since it is only a barebones router, but is there any
> bandwidth monitoring app i can use to see throughput, and possibly some
> stats collection (ie: how much per day/week/month and so on...)
>
> note: preferrably something i can get through apt-get and not tarballs of
> the source.  makes it so much easier.
>
> -doug

Kafka:/home/helios# aptitude -v search nload
i   nload                           - A realtime network usage monitor.

nload is fully text based it gives you realtime statistics within ascii
graphs, you can monitor multiple devices, alter intervalls, smoothness etc...

hth
Elie De Brauwer
--
     Elie De Brauwer