Multiple dhcp client interfaces

Has anyone tackled this problem:
Two NICs on a computer get their addresses (and nameservers, routers and
so on) by dhcp. This causes two problems:

1. The dhclient pid file only shows the pid of the last instance of
dhclient. Consequently, doing ifdown -a always leaves one dhclient
running, and it's interface still up.

2. The interface which is started later, doesn't get a route to a
gateway (the same for both NICs). Both should be available for outbound
traffic at the same time. 'route' output: * U 0 0 0 eth0 * U 0 0 0 eth1
default ua1d64.elisa.om UG 0 0 0 eth0

If anyone's got an idea of how to solve this in a clean way, I'd be
happy to hear. Otherwise I'll just script something funny to do the job.

It might also be a reason to file a bug against dhclient, but I'll take a look into it.

Johan Ehnberg
"Windows? No... I don't think so."