Re: Simple Setup for xDSL in and a local net

Mariano Kamp wrote:

Hi,

 hopefully I am on the right list here?

 I'd like to have a machine acting as the local net gateway to the
internet using a xDSL connection. It should also do masquerading or
something similar which allows the 192'er clients to connect to the
outside world using my dynamic ip.

 I am *very* new to iptables and, unfortunately, also to debian. Where
should I start looking for information?

Cheers,
Mariano

Hi Mariano,

If you don't have experience and want to start sharing your Internet connection quickly, I sugest using Firestarter. Is a simple to use Gnome GUI for Iptables.

After a few simple wizard cuestions you'll be masquerading your LAN traffic. The only way to set the rules is through the wizard, so it isn't adecuated if you want to do advanced things. But it is simple to install and set up.

  Kind regards.