Re: Problems with dhcp-client

It seems your dhclient works its magic on the eth0 interface.
The way I see it, you have two options:  one is to read
dhclient.conf(5) and edit the file accordingly, the other (which
is simpler if you don't want to rtfm :-), is to use eth0 to
connect to your provider and eth1 to the LAN.  If you follow
this latter way, make sure you switch the network cables and
edit /etc/network/interfaces to look like

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

auto eth1
iface eth0 inet static
   address   192.168.1.3
   network   192.168.1.0
   netmask   255.255.255.0

While I think the former is the right way of solving this issue,
the latter has an infinitesimal advantage:  in my experience
most people prefer to use eth0 to see the world, so you would be
adopting some sort of a de-facto standard.