Re: iptables et protocole

Martin Peikert wrote:
sim ton wrote:
futhermore is there a really difference between these 2 lines :
iptables -A FORWARD -p ip -src -j accept
iptables -A FORWARD  -src -j accept

I don't know exactly but I thought ip is the default (so there is no difference between those rules) - can somebody correct me if I'm wrong?

Ok, I do it by myself - in the first case only ip is allowed, in the second all protocols. So there _is_ a difference: in the first case all other protocols (except ip) _do not match_ the given rule. If you don't have another rule for those, the policy will be applied to the them.