Re: iptables et protocole

sim ton wrote:
hi,
i've read a few books on iptables and these says :
you can specify the protocol with --protocol and you have the
> choice between tcp, icmp, udp or all ... ok
but i have to specify --protocol ip or --protocol gre (because
> i'm parsing cisco rules in iptables firewall)
 can I ?

You can. Take a look at /etc/protocols for the numbers. gre has 47...

futhermore is there a really difference between these 2 lines :
iptables -A FORWARD -p ip -src 134.134.134.134 -j accept
iptables -A FORWARD  -src 134.134.134.134 -j accept

I don't know exactly but I thought ip is the default (so there is no difference between those rules) - can somebody correct me if I'm wrong?

GTi