Re: Hardware configuration

Hi,
    I use multiple firewalls because i need to divide offices and directions
from labs and from classrooms. I prefer using multiple firewalls, so i have
not a single point of failure for all clients, and firewall' configuration
would be easier.

This is the configuration i'm planning to use:

I will have 3 subnets:
LIS1 (4 labs) about 60 clients, will be behind a gibraltar firewall (FW1)
LIS2 (classrooms and library) about 100 clients, will be behind a gibraltar
firewall (FW2)
LIS3 (direction and offices) about 20 clients will be behind gibraltar
firewall (FW3)

Each firewall will have 3 NIC, one to the cisco routers that provide one or
more ADSL connection to the Internet, one to the LIS it protects, and one to
the other
firewalls

               cisco1      cisco2
LIS1----- FW1----FW2----LIS2

        LIS3---- FW3

                     cisco3

I need NATting because we have only 18 static ip for more than 100 clients,
so i suppose that RAM amount should be more than 128 Mb for LIS1 and LIS2.
I'd like to know opinion on this configuration.
Best regards, and thanks for your help.
Gianstefano Monni