Re: Hardware configuration

Greetings!

istene wrote:
    I need to setup security for a net of 130 clients. I will use Gibraltar
and have, a debian-based distro and i plan to configure 2 or 3 firewalls.
Does any1 have experience of using linux-based firewalls with so many
clients (i will use NAT and have 13 static ips) ? If yes, how's the hardware

Abstract:
	Any current hardware should be good for at least 50 Mbit/s

Detail:

According to NetworkWorld 10/2001 the Pyramid Astaro firewall appliance (Celeron 750, 128 MB RAM) makes ~70Mbit/s filtered, VPN ~ 20Mbit/s
(encrypted with 3DES).

In comparison I work(ed) for companies with some thousand clients who use a mere 2Mbit/s uplink. Okay, granted, that uplink is saturated ad ultimo...

Bye
	Volker

volker.tanger@discon.de                                 discon GmbH
IT-Security Consulting                           Wrangelstrasse 100
http://www.discon.de/                         10997 Berlin, Germany