Re: Masquerading does not hide internal IP addresses

Hi All!

On 2002 Apr 18, simon martin wrote:
> I connected to a site somewhere a while back (can't remember which) to
> buy something and during the billing process it came back with a message
> saying that it was logging my IP address (no problems with that) but it
> showed my external AND internal addresses. This intrigued me so I tried
> it from a different internal address and it definitely got it right.
> 1) How does this work?

Any javascript a Active-X script can get infomation of your computer.
Your IP adress is one of this.

> 2) How do I block it?

The simplest way to block javascript and Active-X in your client, but after
this the webpage cannot work.

The hardest way to search an application level gateway, that can block this
outgoing information.

Szalay Attila                         BalaBit IT Biztonságtechnikai Kft.
tel/fax:(36-1)-217-14-98              1092 Bp. Köztelek u. 4/b
mobil:(36-20)-950-30-55               http://www.balabit.hu