Masquerading does not hide internal IP addresses

Hi all,

My setup:

Firewall: Debian Potato, kernel 2.2.17, ipchains with masquerading
Internal: Mix of Windows 98, Windows 2000 and Linux 2.4.x.

My problem:

I connected to a site somewhere a while back (can't remember which) to buy something and during the billing process it came back with a message saying that it was logging my IP address (no problems with that) but it showed my external AND internal addresses. This intrigued me so I tried it from a different internal address and it definitely got it right.

My question:

I have checked through some of the documentation available and I can't see where this information could come from, so

1) How does this work?
2) How do I block it?

   __ _   Debian GNU User   Simon Martin
  / /(_)_ __  _   ___  __   Project Manager
 / / | | '_ \| | | \ \/ /   Milliways
/ /__| | | | | |_| |>  <    mailto: smartin@milliways.cl
Atheism is a non-prophet organization