Re: Stopping people finding out uptime?

El lun, 15-04-2002 a las 03:14, Daniel Pittman escribió:
> It makes absolutely no difference to their ability to do anything to
> your machine. Knowing that it has been up for a couple of hours or a
> couple of years makes no real difference to the ability to attack it.
>
> So, why did you want to disable this?

Well I don't think so. Speaking about a Linux machine, knowing when it
was last rebooted may give you an idea of the kernel version it's
running, so you can focus on bugs fixed in later kernels, and you'll
probably get r00t ;-)

I had never thought of it, but I think what I've said is right, ain't
it?

Regards

--
Luis Gómez Miralles