Re: Stopping people finding out uptime?

On Sun, 14 Apr 2002, Charlie Grosvenor wrote:
> If I port scan my machine nmap finds out how long my machine has been
> on for, How can I stop people outside my network from finding this
> information out?

Other people have told you how to disable this. This is about a
different issue:

It makes absolutely no difference to their ability to do anything to
your machine. Knowing that it has been up for a couple of hours or a
couple of years makes no real difference to the ability to attack it.

So, why did you want to disable this?

        Daniel

--
I have great faith in fools -- self-confidence my friends call it.
        -- Edgar Allan Poe