Re: Stopping people finding out uptime?

One more thought to add before this thread dies:

It seems this argument is always centered around doing/not-doing
something because it does/doesn't add to the "true" security of your
computer.

What's lost in the argument in the notion of privacy.

Just because somebody knowing my computer's uptime may or may not help
them compromise it, doesn't mean I want them knowing. As an analogy,
somebody knowing the colour of my underwear doesn't compromise me in any
way, but it is definitely private!

Jeff