Re: [OT] Cable modem problem solved with hub
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: [OT] Cable modem problem solved with hub
- From: Oivvio Polite <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: 13 Feb 2002 11:17:11 +0100
- Message-id: <1013595431.25336.41.camel@matijek>
- In-reply-to: <E16avq1-0002Etemail@example.com>
- References: <E16avq1-0002Etfirstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, 2002-02-13 at 11:36, Paul Haesler wrote:
> Sounds plausible to me.
> To test your theory:
> Try putting a different NIC in your FW.
The DHCP server at my ISP is hardcoded to give my static IP number only
to requests coming from this NIC. It looks at the MAC address.
Speaking of this I noticed this line in /etc/dhclient.conf
#send dhcp-client-identifier 1:0:a0:24:ab:fb:9c;
Will setting this option really override the actual MAC address? The
documentation is a bit scarce. That would be very convenient. In that
case I can experiment with diffrent NICs without having to deal with the
admins at my ISP.
> And try putting the accused NIC in another box and connecting
> that to the CM.
I might do that to. Problem is just that I've run out of old pentium
cell +46 (0)709 30 40 30 / phone +46 (0)8 669 64 18 / fax +46 (0)8 84 00
varvsgatan 10A / s-117 29 stockholm / sweden