Re: Why all these unclean packets?

On Wed, 5 Dec 2001, mdevin@ozemail.com.au wrote:

[...]

> I will have to do a little reading on patching the kernel. What
> confused me was that the patch was imbedded in the email. I didn't
> know what part to get out to put in a file, nor what/how to call it.

It doesn't matter a tinkers damn what you call it; patch is pretty
agnostic. :)

Also, patch is pretty agnostic: you can just feed the whole email
without trimming anything to patch and it will just work(tm).

The manual page is quite good, as well, so long as you can read Unix.

> For now I think I will wait for the next kernel version and just
> compile a new one.

...or not bother with unclean. :)
        Daniel

--